Wow - where do I start.... We went to Italy for 11 incredible days just a week ago with Mary Jo (Chris' mom), Betsy and Betty (Jan's mom and grandma). It was an amazing time and we have over 700 pictures (just from our camera) so I have no idea how I can only pick a few to post on this blog! The big things I keep telling people about the trip:
- Everything is enormous - the Pantheon has doors that weigh 6 tons each, St. Peter's Basilica can hold 60 thousand people, etc.
- The food was amazing
- It's like walking through a history book with all the famous sculptures and buildings
- It was HOT (95-105 every day)
- There was graffiti everywhere
Jan and I on a bridge in Venice.

Some of the streets where VERY narrow in Venice.

Burano is a fishing village where they paint their houses bright colors so the fisherman could remember which one was theirs after a long time at sea.

Even when there's no road people still lose shoes by the "roadside".

The crew on a gondola ride.

Finally found a cold beer! Nothing is cold in Italy - not the pop, not the air condition, and not the refrigerator. But we finally found a cute little old lady's shop just down the street from our hotel that had COLD beer.

Jan's favorite store of the trip.

Us above Florence.

Betsy, Betty, Chris, Jan, and Mary Jo out for a nice dinner at a palace.

We made a point to eat gelato at least twice a day if possible. Nutella was my favorite flavor.

Looking in the Pantheon with one of the 6 ton doors on the right.

Hunting out my Angles and Demons markers!

Betsy, Mary Jo, and Jan in the Sistine Chapel. The air condition was broken the day we went so it was incredibly hot in there.

St. Peter's Basilica at night.

Of course this wouldn't have been possible if Rick and Josephine (Jan's dad and step-mom) wouldn't have taken care of the boys during the trip! Thank you so much and I know they had a BLAST. They got to do all kinds of fun things at their first "Camp Wyoming"! I'm sure there will be many more of those to follow!
CCV


4 comments:
Awesome! The best trip EVER! It still seems like a dream.
We loved camp Wyoming and will remember the fun days with the boys! We are going through some serious withdrawal! The pictures and summary is great but the whole slide show is better. Thanks for sharing. Love to all especially the boys!
Grandad and Mima
P.S. Where are you going next year...Camp Wyoming should/could be annual thing?!?!?!!?
Wow -- great pics. I was wondering when someone was going to post pictures for the rest of us! I think Rick and Josephine should include a few more kids at Camp Wyoming (:
We would love to post pictures but will have to leave it up to Jan and Chris since it is their blog (they have the pictures as well). We had such a great time, hard to pick just one picture.
Post a Comment